- M. Valdes on Who is really eating meat-free? Studies offer widely varying answers
- When people self-report, a large number say they are vegetarian or vegan. But a UBC study with rigorous interviews has a totally different take.
- C. Tugault-Lafleur on Food for thought: B.C. researchers see ‘significant decline’ in our fruit and vegetable consumption
- Poor diet quality a leading contributor to chronic diseases
- C. Tugault-Lafleur on Canadian schoolchildren are eating better than they used to: study
- Schoolchildren in Canada ate higher quality foods but still not enough dark greens in 2015 compared to those in 2004, according to a new University of British Columbia study.
- C. Tugault-Lafleur on Canadian school kids’ diet changes are ‘definitely good news’
- ‘Patchworks’ of school food programs vary in quality, lead author of study says
- R. Mazac on “Why Aren’t More Women Studying STEM in Canada?”
- Three female students share what it’s really like to pursue a career in the still-male-dominated fields of science, tech, and mathematics and computer science.
- J. Black and R. Mazac of the PHUN Lab are involved in a “nationally-significant” school food nutrition study. More information about the project can be found at: New for 2019: We’re launching a ground-breaking, district-wide school lunch program
- New Westminster Schools is kicking off a nationally significant initiative in early 2019 with the launch of Phase One of a district-wide, universally accessible, cost-shared lunch program.
- Researchers at the University of British Columbia and the University of Saskatchewan are evaluating New Westminster Schools’ program in partnership with the district and Fraser Health. Their work in Year 1 is supported by a $25,000 grant from Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.
- Mazac, R. (2019) Medium.com. Mar 18, 2019. Available at: https://medium.com/the-nature-of-food/canadas-food-guide-more-than-the-healthy-choice-3339d5b5899d
- Tugault-Lafleur C.N., Black J.L (2017). Canadian Science Publishing Forum. Aug 23, 2017. Available at: http://www.cdnsciencepub.com/_pvwA4224269/blog/what-are-canadian-children-eating-at-school-and-how-can-eating-habits-be-improved.aspx
- Claire Tugalut-Lafleur on how things are changing in school cafeterias
- Claire Tugault-Lafleur on vegetable consumption in Canada (March 2019)
Podcasts and Radio interviews:
- Food for Thought: Sustainability in food guidelines with Rachel Mazac. Brain Buzz Podcast. May 24, 2019. UBC. https://www.brainbuzzpodcast.com/episodes/2019/5/24/35n9qu3r31lid5ueeegjflq67txgb2
- Radio Canada Première Chaine, Colombie Britannique (Phare Ouest). Aug 23, 2017 (French)
- Corus Radio interview (Roy Green Show). Aug 27, 2017. https://omny.fm/shows/roy-green-show/hour-3-segment-4-claire-tugault-lafleur